Tuesday, June 24, 2008

(Slightly disdainful) Confessions of an ISFJ

I posted this to my Myspace a couple of months ago. I find it amusing. But we've already covered that I blog because I'm self absorbed...

1. I resent your attempts to label me and put me in a box. We've already covered that I am indeed a unique and beautiful snowflake. Sorry, Mr. Durden.
2. INTJs are my enigma according to that thing Andrea found. I don't get you. But hey, haven't we all established that I love puzzles and challenges? Throw in something pink or shiny and I get real excited.
3. Um, while you people are all whining about how horrible we ISFJs are, we are not there to defend ourselves. Why? Because we have better things to do. Like annoy you in real life for example. Now, THAT'S fun.
4. Our only Youtube video is about l'ecole journalisme. Haha. I'm a moron.
5. I'm selfless. Just ask me. I LOVE to talk about myself.
6. This will shock you all: ISFJs have a hard time letting go.
7. I serve others. I laugh in the face of my own needs. Or at least refuse to articulate them apparently. (The "Call me, pay attention to me, I need this from you," obviously doesn't count.)
8. We have a great aptitude for organization (hence the deep, undying love of numbered lists,) and unsuspected analytical talent.
HEAR THAT? I'm ANALYTICAL!!!
9. I am correcting your spelling and grammar as I read your email/message/blog post/comment.
10. It doesn't matter if mine is less than perfect. We're talking about YOU now, you realize. Don't forget that I'm selfless.
11. I swear, I fight sleep like a 2 year old at nap time with a No Doz addiction.
12. I am witty and cynical because you have not cracked through the surface to find the closet happy-girl with the warm, mushy center. Sweetness, although desired, makes me doubt your sincerity.
13. I fight sleep because I am STILL, after all these years, afraid that I'm missing something really cool.
14. Things I don't do: call you first. Um, no.
Actually, I think the ISFJ thing is pretty spot on. I was less than flattered when I first tested as an ENFP. They just seemed whiny and high maintenance. Most of those people blasting us in the forums are simply jealous. Go whine in your own forum. You're not going to get a response from one of us in ours, because we (besides being desperate to avoid conflict,) have moved on with our lives... Well, as far as this goes. Apparently we're too busy pining over failed relationships to pay attention to you.

No comments: