Saturday, June 28, 2008

Public Service Announcement 8,132

Teenaged girls in Murfreesboro, we need to have a talk. Just to clarify, skinny legged jeans are not appropriate for every body type. Take it from a big girl who just knows better.

And PLEASE put the velvet away. It's June. You may think fashion rules are stupid, but you live in the South so get over it. No velvet after Valentine's Day.

I don't care if they make it in your size. Repeat after me: I don't have to wear it.

Maybe we should talk about sequins. There are a few appropriate occasions for them. Here's a list.
1. Weddings. Erica's dress had sequins. It was beautiful.
2. Prom. Just don't look like a mirror ball like I did my junior year.
3. Cute shoes.
4. Formal attire. See my caution above under prom.
5. Competitive figure skating.

Inappropriate:
1. School.
2. Church. I mean on your clothes, not necessarily your shoes. There's just no reason to be shiny at church. This applies to gold lame' as well. But I think it goes without saying that that is NEVER appropriate.
3. Men. Unless you're a competitive figure skater and your partner insists on you wearing sequins. Or unless you're Aaron and have made a fabulous costume for a social occasion that is supposed to involve costumes. All other men, just say no.

These lists are not all inclusive. If you have questions, feel free to ask.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

What if a wore a BeDazzled, BeSatined, BeSparkled, BeSequined Singing Cowboy Costume to Church? Would that be Okay?

-Aaron