Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Thoughts on N.

So, I'm having some thoughts and doubts as to what I want in life in the area of N. I'm starting to notice some things that have caused me to become quite disappointed in him. These aren't things that relate to me; they have to do with the way he treats his relationships in general, the way that he doesn't appear to be getting closer to his ever changing future plans, and a few other things. What sucks right now is that I don't have the right/ability to say, "Look, there are a few things that I have real concerns about," because we're not together and his idea of friendship seems to include a lack of initiation of time spent, conversation, etc.

Rubyred asked me today if I thought maybe I require more effort than other women. I'm responding with a big NO.

1. I am worth time.
2. I am worth attention.
3. I am worth someone wanting to be with me without me doing all the asking.

Here's the thing guys: Get with the program. I'm sick of women feeling like it's wrong for us to want you to call us, ask us out, pick us up, get to know our friends and family, be the spiritual leader, etc.

Stand up and be a man for goodness sake.

With that said, I'm doing some serious praying regarding my feelings for someone who doesn't seem to be interested in maintaining friendships or moving forward toward a goal rather than just planning it.

No comments: