Thursday, April 10, 2008

Daily dose of cheese and bad acting.

So yesterday I put in a movie to nap to. I knew there was a sequel to Cutting Edge, but I never dreamed they would make a THIRD. I mean really. It makes me a little sad, but I watched it. Here's my review.

Good acting: negative. I love that they had to smear the blond's mascara all over her face so that it looked like she had been crying - her eyes were completely dry.

Original plot:
negative. hockey player meets and becomes a figure skater. Oops. Been done. Let's REALLY mix it up. Make the hockey player female and Mexican! That'll throw 'em off.

Great scripting:
negative. "Yes, I'll skate with you." Thanks for stating the obvious. "Always." Well didn't that just turn it into the most romantic line in the world.

Original extremely inventive, dangerous skating move that no one has ever seen before that makes up for everything:
Nope. We saw it. In the first one. So they set it to a remake of "She's Like the Wind." Wow.
They remade a Patrick Swayze song. THAT is its very own blog for a later date.

Name dropping:
Present. Christy Romano as Jackie Dorsey, Doug and Kate Dorsey's daughter.

Cheese Factor:
So much that you would never have to eat cheese again.
It's one redeeming quality (other than the lead actor's abs and arms) was the line the mother was given: "I know you cried. I stood outside your door and listened." That thirty seconds actually made me tear up.

Although we could credit that to the fact that I was tired and hormonal...

No comments: