Friday, April 4, 2008

I get my tiara today.

Yep. A tiara. And prom jewelry. Afraid? You should be. I'll post pictures later.
In other areas of my life, I have a fish on my desk. Currently he has no name. I think I'm going with Narcissus. Why, you ask? Because bettas want to be the only pretty fish. However unlike the pathetically, tragically conceited youth of Greek mythology, they attack their reflection instead of just staring at it. Hey, they're pretty, not smart. Sometimes you can have both in humans, but not in bettas.
Highlander was right. There can be only one.
Tip: If you hold a mirror up to watch your betta attack itself, make sure you don't forget to take the mirror away. If you leave it there too long the poor dear will get so stressed out that he'll start bleeding.
You should all go watch Fight Club. Unless you're terribly offended by profanity. It's not a movie for the faint hearted, but it is fascinating. Brad Pitt at his not-so-hottest. Edward Norton at his almost-strangest.
Today, I am not Jack's broken heart. I'm more Jack's missing sense of whimsy.

1 comment:

Joy said...

At least you're not Jack's spastic colon...

oh... and in Lowe's speak, pretty means good lookin' but not so many brains... I actually had a male coworker tell me he was unattractive just to say he was smart... haha