Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Who am I is not just a Casting Crowns song.

Sometimes I really wonder what the person that was pre-Matt and Joey was like. Did I speak my mind more or less? Was I kinder, less biting, less cynical, more able to express my emotions than I am now? I guess pre-Matt and Joey Crystal was probably just post-Andrew Crystal.
I think we all keep asking ourselves, "Who am I? Am I who I was? Is this the real me?"
No, I'm not who I was. Pre-Andrew Crystal will never be post-Andrew Crystal. Post-Joey Crystal will never be pre-Joey Crystal. Is this the real me? I don't know. I feel half-terrified to bring out anything that isn't witty or light-hearted unless it's written or I know someone extremely well.
She will, however, remain confused rather than be one of those girls that pushes a DTR after one date.
I feel like I'm growing in some ways and remaining stagnant in others. Granted, if I could make myself get up and go to church that would help. If I could make myself go to bed early that would probably help too...
There's a large decrease in affection in my life since I'm very rarely around children anymore. It's amazing to me how much we as humans need physical touch.
Let me just get this off my chest: If my needs or desires are different than yours, accept it. Think before you speak. If it sounds in your head like you're judging me, then just don't say it.
Don't give me the look that conveys that you think I'm less than you.


You know, it's a little disheartening to only have the ability to dazzle until you meet.
Don't comment. It's a 2 am post.

No comments: